Saturday, September 17, 2011

Personal Narrative

Hey sorry if this is a day late (my blog had a really weird thing happen and I could not post for the entire day, but magically it allowed me to post today... weird). I guess some of us are still having to work out some bugs. The personal narrative is going along well because I have a subject that requires a lot of detail and description (I could even be lacking in description) because of all the activities and experiences that happened in this one particular day, which was my first day in Russia. It could actually entail twenty pages if I really wanted to accurately depicted every single detail and person I remember from that day, but I believe I am adding the amount of detail necessary to facilitate my message (but I guess we will see right?) I was able to finish two pages yesterday and went to post about it before repeatedly getting booted off the blog homepage, but the two pages went pretty smooth and I am enjoying writing about Russian who don't smile, my initial impression of the city, and the once experience that changed my view on tolerance, prejudice, etc. (no spoilers on this page). Once again I apologize for the late post, but as always you need to blame technology. I am excited to finish my first draft and I know I will be able to fix some mistakes and add more detail in certain spots to really make it shine. Overall I have the main points I want to cover in my mind and that is the most important part I believe.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are going to have an easy time writing this paper. I envy you that. I have a great subject too, but it's a little convoluted. Your paper sounds really interesting. Why were you in Russia? I'd obviously find out if I read your paper, but you've made me curious. I'm jealous. I studied Russian art my junior year and I've wanted to go ever since. And posting late isn't a problem, at least from my point of view. I almost forgot to post entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emotions in Russia, very interesting. This sparked some interest in reading your personal narrative, at least for me. I'm glad to hear that the writing is going easy for you. Good luck on your blogs. Russians who simile, i've know a few. It also reminded me of of quote from my piano teacher. "Teenagers can wear down a teacher in a few years, even one from Russia". It made me smile, but I'm not Russian. Anyway, I look forward to proof read your paper, and learn about your experiences in Russia. Good luck, and I hope that writing the rest of your paper is just as easy as your first two pages. Sorry that technology didn't work for you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete